Monday, January 5, 2015

Birdbrain Snowman


Good morning; hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season!  It was nice to have a break during the holidays to spend time with family and friends, but I am glad to be back to day with a new sketch from From the Heart Stamps.  Not only do we have a sketch, but also a twist (use textured paper) and an inspiration photo.  So many choices!  Check them out:


I love the sketch; I made a square card because it better suited the image Birdbrain Snowman.  I couldn't resist coloring the snowman a reddish hue because it reminded me a bit of Angry Birds!  LOL  I've colored the image with pencils and accented it with glitter.  For the "texture" component, I've used Bazzill Bling which also has a great pearlescent shimmer.  I've embellished simply with a layered snowflake.

Image: From the Heart Stamps "Birdbrain Snowman" Digital Image
Ink: Printer
Paper: G.P. 110 (image), PTI Stamper's Select (card base), Bazzill Bling, My Mind's Eye Patterned Paper
Embellies: Martha Stewart Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone, MFT "Let it Snowflake" Die-namics Dies, Foam Tape

Please check out the rest of the DT's creations here, along with the challenge details.  We'd love to have you play along; remember to use a FTHS image, also you will receive $1 to spend in Faith's store!

Challenges entered:

Allsorts Challenge Blog: Cold and Frosty Colours
Card Mania Challenges: Make it Sparkle, Let it Shine
Crafty Creations Challenges: Who Wants to Build a Snowman?
Just Us Girls: Word Week-Winter (attempted, but unable to add graphic)
Robyn's Fetish: Snowmen

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

12 comments:

Larissa said...

Very adorable card! I love how you colored these birdbrains.

Hugs,
Larissa

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very cute card with fun images! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

cass said...

Wonderful snowman, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Snowman Challenge this week

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So cute! I thought of the Angry Birds, too when I first saw this. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOL - A snowbird - too fun! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Tracy said...

Fun creation. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, your card just makes me smile! Super cute, thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Very lovely card and fun image! I love choice of colors!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenges.
Ileanaxx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, the image made me smile - such fun.
Thank you for joining in Allsorts 'Cold & Frosty Colours' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Miss Emerald said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you' join us again.

Vesi said...

Funi card, i like the image and the all beautiful detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Card Mania Challenge. Good Luck
Vesi - DT

...Just Me... said...

What a funny card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck!
Mira, DT